This was the year where no one had much to say about the Oscar Song Performances besides the fact that Bjork showed up in what looked like a swan costume.
None of these five songs are terrible, but then again none are very memorable either.
It’s always interesting to think about what makes the voters choose a particular song to win and I have a strong feeling that many just voted for the legendary Bob Dylan to take home Gold despite the fact that the song is a compilation of mumbles.
Here are the five nominees: (Winner in Bold)
- “A Fool in Love” – Meet the Parents • Music and Lyrics: Randy Newman
- “I’ve Seen It All” – Dancer in the Dark • Music: Björk • Lyrics: Lars von Trier and Sjón
- “A Love Before Time” – Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon • Music: Jorge Calandrelli and Tan Dun • Lyrics: James Schamus
- “My Funny Friend and Me” – The Emperor’s New Groove • Music: Sting and David Hartley • Lyrics: Sting
- “Things Have Changed” – Wonder Boys – Music and Lyrics: Bob Dylan
Song (s) that I think should have been included in the mix: (Not sure if all really are eligible according to Oscar standards…)
- Not Quite Paradise – Bliss 66 (Titan A.E.)
- Pure Shores – All Saints (The Beach)
- When You Come Back to Me – Garth Brooks – (Frequency)
- Win – Brian McKnight (Men of Honor)
- 5. – I’ve Seen it All
- 4. – My Funny Friend and Me
- 3. – A Fool in Love
- 2. – Things Have Changed
- 1. – A Love Before Time
- 5. – Dancing in the Dark (Never seen)
- 4. – The Emperor’s New Groove
- 3. – Wonder Boys
- 2. – Meet the Parents
- 1. – Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Do I agree with the Oscar winner? – Nope, not this year
Let me know what you think about these songs!