In continuing with this feature, here is a quick roundup on my reviews of this past month – this is a way you can possibly catch up on reviews or announcements that you perhaps missed.
So here it is:
- Number of Movies reviewed – 70 (click here to see all of August’s Reviews)
- Number of new movies viewed for the first time – 42
How I rated the movies this month:
- Oscar Worthy – 18
- Globe Worthy – 28
- BAFTA Worthy – 20
- Razzie Worthy – 4
- Number of Encore Reviews – 4
- Longest Movie watched – Clinton (2012) – 240 Min
- Shortest Movie watched – Life is Beautiful (2013) 9 Min
- Oldest Movie watched – The Lady Vanishes (1938)
- Top 5 Best New Movies Watched this month (in Alphabetical Order)
- Everything is Copy: Nora Ephron Scripted and Unscripted (2015)
- Fog of War, The: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara (2003)
- Star Trek Beyond (2016)
- Wait Until Dark (1967)
- Wrinkles (2011)
- Worst (or dumbest) movie watched this month
- Mad Love (1995)
- Genre Grandeur Reviews (Horror Movies) – 6
In addition to Genre Grandeur, I run a feature called Genre Guesstimation where I review other movies in the monthly GG in order to see whether I think they deserve to be part of my favorites in the given genre!
- Genre Guesstimation Reviews – 4 (0 Genre Grandeur Worthy)
BTW, next month’s Genre has been chosen by Prime Six. He has chosen another unique genre for this coming month. We will be reviewing our favorite Realistic Films.
Here’s his interpretation of the genre:
We all put reviews in for films we think are realistic, for example Gravity has real physics behind it and Saving Private Ryan is a realistic depiction of war.
To be clear, not ‘real’, not a true story or documentary. What comes to mind when you think of the most realistic film you’ve ever seen? So Fast and Furious and Comic book films are all (mostly?) out.
It’s a weird topic, not even a genre, more of an opinion but I think it could be interesting.
If it’s too weird (understandable) I can choose something else!
A few examples just so we can have a good idea and get the ball rolling
David Ayer crime stuff
Watchmen could have an argument
Rambo 1 / First Blood perhaps
12 Angry Men
There’s a huge range of genre’s covered by this topic, clearly. It could be interesting to see what people define as ‘realistic’ in Hollywood – they’re not right or wrong because it’s opinion based.
Please get me your submissions by the 25th of Sep by sending them to email@example.com Try to think out of the box! Great choice Prime Six!
*** Now that I am closing in on 2500 reviews, I have started a new Movies From the Hat series leading up to my 2500th review. So far, I have watched and reviewed 11 films and have just 30 left to reach that new milestone*****
Thanks again to one and all for your participation in all that I do here on this site! Without you all, I wouldn’t be able to accomplish all that I have been able to over the past few years.
Check out my *updated* movie stats here
To see my reviews of Oscar Winning Performances check out this link
To see my reviews of all Oscar Best Picture Winners click here (now complete)
Here is a link to my movie index A-Z