AS a child of the 80’s, I was able to experience many of John Hughes films as they came out and they helped shape my childhood and eventually my adulthood.
He was a great screenwriter and director and despite not adding much to his signature genre in his last years, he was taken too soon from us at the age of 59 in 2009.
He will be missed, but his work continues to inspire new generations of teens!
Keep in mind, that these are all solely my opinion and part of what I would like to do is open conversation and dialogue between us all over the choices in these lists
10. Some Kind of Wonderful (1987)
9. Home Alone (1990)
8. She’s Having a Baby (1988)
7. Mr. Mom (1983)
5. National Lampoon’s Vacation (1983)
4. Sixteen Candles (1984)
3. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986)
2. The Breakfast Club (1985)