My Overall Thoughts:
Great year for Oscar Nominees because all 5 are great movies; Each is the best in a different genre which ashows how diverse films can be for this category.
Ultimately tho, one is a step above the rest and that’s Titanic which gives us a powerful love story, set during a real event with unbelievable special effects.
- 5. – The Full Monty – Fun film that is so relateable because the characters seem so normal and down-to-Earth
- 4. – Good Will Hunting – Damon is great in this film that he wrote, but Williams is amazingly cast here as his psychiatrist with his own issues.
- 3. – As Good As it Gets – Nicholson and Hunt are great in this rom-com which shows that even eccentric characters can experience love and happiness.
- 2. – L.A. Confidential -Great cops and Robbers film that has the best story of the 5 nominees, but just wasn’t powerful enough to eclipse the ultimate winner
- 1. – Titanic – Spectacular epic that is also a gripping and believable love story set among the backdrop of a real event. Amazing special effects makes this feel so real.
Do I agree with the Oscar winner? – Most Definitely!
Let me know what you think about these films and my rankings!