In continuing with this feature, here is a quick roundup on my reviews of this past month – this is a way you can possibly catch up on reviews or announcements that you perhaps missed.
So here it is:
- Number of Movies reviewed – 100 (click here to see all of April’s Reviews)
- Number of new movies viewed for the first time – 60
How I rated the movies this month:
- Oscar Worthy – 23
- Globe Worthy – 37
- BAFTA Worthy – 29
- Razzie Worthy – 11
- Number of Encore Reviews – 8
- Longest Movie watched – Sword of Gideon (1986) – 173 Minutes
- Shortest Movie watched – My Life as a Zucchini (2016) – 66 Minutes
- Oldest Movie watched – Night Train to Munich (1940)
- Worst (or dumbest) movie watched this month
- The Cabinet of Dr. Ramirez (1991)
- Genre Grandeur Reviews (Spy/Espionage) – 15
In addition to Genre Grandeur, I run a feature called Genre Guesstimation where I review other movies in the monthly GG in order to see whether I think they deserve to be part of my favorites in the given genre!
- Genre Guesstimation Reviews – 3 (0 Genre Grandeur Worthy)
Next month’s Genre has been chosen by Dell of Dell on Movies and it is Anti-Hero Films.
Movies about people who lack traditional heroic attributes but are portrayed as the hero in their story despite doing some bad things along the way. Some examples: Taxi Driver, Leon the Professional, A Clockwork Orange, Scarface, GoodFellas, The Godfather, or even something as light as Jack Sparrow in the PotC movies. He’s constantly drunk and completely selfish it just tends to work out for the greater good.
Please get me your submissions by the 25th of May by sending them to email@example.com
Try to think out of the box! Great choice Dell!
Check out my *updated* movie stats here
To see my reviews of Oscar Winning Performances check out this link
To see my reviews of all Oscar Best Picture Winners click here (now complete)
Here is a link to my movie index A-Z