This was a pretty boring year for Oscar Nominated songs. The eventual winner is the only song here that really is good. I think some of my suggestions below are much better.
Here are the five nominees: (Winner in Bold)
- “Almost There” – The Princess and the Frog • Music and Lyrics: Randy Newman
- “Down in New Orleans” – The Princess and the Frog • Music and Lyrics: Randy Newman
- “Loin de Paname” – Paris 36 • Music: Reinhardt Wagner • Lyrics: Frank Thomas
- “Take It All” – Nine • Music and Lyrics: Maury Yeston
- “The Weary Kind” – Crazy Heart – Music and Lyrics: Ryan Bingham and T-Bone Burnett
Song (s) that I think should have been included in the mix: (Not sure if all really are eligible according to Oscar standards…)
- I See You – Leona Lewis (Avatar)
- I Want To Come Home – Paul McCartney (Everybody’s Fine)
- New Divide – Linkin Park (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen)
- Southern Voice – Tim McGraw (The Blind Side)
- Winter – U2 (Brothers)
- 5. – Loin de Paname
- 4. – Take it All
- 3. – Down in New Orleans
- 2. – Almost There
- 1. – The Weary Kind
- 4. – Paris 36 (Not Seen)
- 3. – Nine (Not Seen)
- 2. – The Princess and the Frog (Not Seen)
- 1. – Crazy Heart
Do I agree with the Oscar winner? -Yep. The rest of the songs aren’t up to par anyway…no wonder they didn’t get to perform any of them at the Oscars this year
Let me know what you think about these songs!
I love The Weary Kind. I have no recollection of any of the others.
LikeLiked by 1 person
That once again part of my point here. tnx abs!